Soundjack Development Testing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

— Media area: Adding, Deleting photos works great. Adding recordings works. Deletion of existing records is not working. Activating the recordings occurs in a loop. Once you hear the first recording, if there are other recordings, those recordings also play unprompted. They continue to play in a loop until a recording is manually stopped or the user leaved the recording area of the Media section.
    — Support Topics: Adding of a Support Topic works (duh!). Adding replies works but takes the timestamp of the initial creation of the topic instead of the date of the reply.

(@)

Replies in the Support section (like this one) cannot be edited once posted. I don’t know what the usual expected behavior is for support forums with regard to allowing editing, but it would be nice to fix spelling and grammar mistakes as my initial postings are terrible. 🙂

(@)

The Login Remember Me functionality doesn’t seem to be working.

(@)

The Windows version will not stage – command window opens, and clicking “Stage” leads to nothing. Command window stays open and empty, and the “Stage” screen never populates with controls. No apparent process running, waiting does not yield a different result.

(@)

Yes, for some users the STAGE does not work but we are close to the final bug identification – by July, 25th it should work for anyone except SAFARI browsers on OSX.

(@)

I think we just fixed it – please try the STAGE on the new website again.

(@)

Yes, we’re up and running. If it goes on like this we might switch to the new platform sooner than expected. Thanks for your help !

(@)

We implemented the chat on the new site already. Note: For technical reasons the STAGE only allows private chats – all other pages allow public chats. It is a compromise until an important security issue is fixed.

(@)

P.S.: Chat on the STAGE currently not working

(@)

am running osx 10.9.5 seems to be working will test it out with a friend in a bit i like the new look congrats and thank you for your hard work

(@)

Compared to the chat-only support we had so far, the support forum is a big step forward. But it lacks some features you find in standard forum systems as commented above. I appreciate the integration with the SJ site, but I would prefer a standard forum system even on a separate address.
    Thank you anyway @jazzalex!

(@)

What features do you have in mind ?

(@)

need a OSX 10.9.5 version of sound jack please dont leave us behind

(@)

I second the call for older versions of MacOS to be supported, if technically still possible. One of our band members has a machine which still runs oSX 10.12, and doesn’t have the budget to upgrade to either a new Mac or invest in a FastMusicBox.

One thing we noticed while trying the new stage was this: it’s annoyingly easy to navigate away from the stage by mistake, and this instantly cuts the audio connection. There’s much more reason to mess around on the page nowadays, with the new “social media” features which are available. Is it technically necessary that the connection gets cut when the browser leaves the Stage page? Couldn’t the SoundJack app keep the connection up on its own (without the “help” of the browser), and hand back control to the browser once it returns to the stage?

(@)

There are potential problems of leaving the sessions orphaned if someone leaves the site but also leaves the client running. It might be better to either embed some of the functions, like searches for musicians, on the stage page or open new windows to the social aspects rather than leave the stage while leaving the connection up. My vote would be to do both, since the stage pages are essentially lists of musicians actively logged on to a stage (public or private), some connected to other users and others idle, waiting for a connection, it would be nice to have a search function that can maintain active connections with other musicians while presenting a list of musicians on the stage page that also fit the search criteria. This presupposes that folks start populating their profiles to a minimum extent (like instrument and location).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.