Loud buzzer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Does anyone experience occasional loud buzzer noise while on stage and connected to another user? I’m trying to figure out what causes it and how to prevent it. I’m using Fast Music Box; could it be interfering with something?

(@)

Hej Deborah, hard to tell without further information. Please send an update once you know more about it.

(@)

Hi Alex, thanks for responding. I can’t figure out where the buzz is coming from but here’s a snippet of a recording where the buzzer sounds: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NrdK_GuIIlLsYCXEYjLTe6LT0C9q-VS7/view?usp=sharing

I was rehearsing on Soundjack with 3 other people. I was waiting for my entrance while the pianist was playing and the other singer had started singing. You can’t hear much because the video is taken on my phone and all the sound is going to my headset, but you can hear faint piano and voice leaking from my headset if you turn up the volume. Then at 0:13 you hear the buzz, louder than anything else. I think it’s coming through my headset.

My headset (and mic) is connected to PreSonus Audiobox, which is connected to a USB hub, which then is connected to FMB. (FMB alone is not enough to power the Audiobox.) Soundjack is running on my laptop which is on the same LAN as the FMB.

Others don’t hear the buzz. Only I do and it’s deafening. I’m wondering if any users of the SoundJack-FMB combo have had this issue.

(@)

Mhhh – this sounds like a stuck audio buffe for a couple of milliseconds. Not sure what the reason could be but it does not sound like a networking issue. Has anyone else experienced this ?

(@)

Hi Alex, I had another rehearsal today with the same people, and though I don’t fully understand what a “stuck audio buffer” is or what causes it, when I got the buzz tonight, I noticed that the green icon for buffered packets (set to default 4) flickered to red for one of the users. It was the same user twice, so I tried playing with it and made it 6, then eventually 8. After that I didn’t not get buzzed at all the entire rest of the rehearsal. Instead someone else in my group got buzzed!! He never had that happen to him before. Is this just coincidence? Or does this give us any more clue? Did my setting the buffered packets inflict the buzz on the other person? My apologies if I’m talking nonsense here, but figured I’d mention it. Thanks!

(@)

What you experience is the nature of network music performance in the public Internet without guaranteed packet delivery tinmes. Make sure that everybody is connected via cable to their router and avoid any additional cross traffic (Netflix, Internet Gaming etc.) in any of the involved home LANs. This will lower the risk of such dropouts but you cannot 100% ensure it won’t happen again. Increasing the jitter buffer helps but at some point will lead to too much latency.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.