Linux – Start breaks

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

@carlgr at the point you describe where you get multiple errors, all I had to do from there was reboot and try again. I guess there is some environment variable that needs setting…

(@)

I gave it one more try, that’s the result:
    ————————————————————————–
    reno@reno-Aspire-7750G:~$ cd Setup
    reno@reno-Aspire-7750G:~/Setup$ cd Soundjack/SoundjackLinux
    reno@reno-Aspire-7750G:~/Setup/Soundjack/SoundjackLinux$ ls
    libQt5Core.so.5 libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5 SJC200828
    libQt5Gui.so.5 libQt5Network.so.5 SJC200828.sh
    libQt5Multimedia.so.5 libQt5WebSockets.so.5
    reno@reno-Aspire-7750G:~/Setup/Soundjack/SoundjackLinux$ ./SJC200828.sh
    ./SJC200828: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    reno@reno-Aspire-7750G:~/Setup/Soundjack/SoundjackLinux$ sudo apt-get instal libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5
    [sudo] Passwort für reno:
    E: Ungültige Operation instal
    reno@reno-Aspire-7750G:~/Setup/Soundjack/SoundjackLinux$ sudo apt-get install libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5
    Paketlisten werden gelesen… Fertig
    Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
    Statusinformationen werden eingelesen…. Fertig
    E: Paket libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5 kann nicht gefunden werden.
    E: Mittels des Musters »libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5« konnte kein Paket gefunden werden.
    E: Mittels regulärem Ausdruck »libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5« konnte kein Paket gefunden werden.
    reno@reno-Aspire-7750G:~/Setup/Soundjack/SoundjackLinux$
    ————————————————————————–
    I’m using Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana”, which is based on Ubuntu.

But as I wrote before: I’m completely new on Linux, so I can’t “transpose” the commands of bosworthdk to personal use – sorry !?!

(@)

when i have more time i will look up my installer log to find which install commands were successful on the date of my soundjack install. I think it’s only four of them that worked. This is for Ubuntu 20.04

(@)

Ok the following command lines actually resulted in a successful install. Afterwards I was able to run SJC on Ubuntu 20.04

Commandline: apt-get install qt5-default
    Commandline: apt-get install -y libqtav-dev
    Commandline: apt-get install qtcreator
    Commandline: apt-get install libqt5multimediawidgets5
    Commandline: apt-get install libqt5websockets5

(@)

With regard to stability: I can run soundjack on Linux using a 2008 core-duo pc with nothing but a USB drive. No hard drive at all. No fancy interface. Just onboard audio and jackd. Results are only a few milliseconds slower than my hot-rod mac pro and RME interface. Linux on a barebones system works well for this, although it should be limited to no more than one or two connections.

(@)

@reno-drums There shouldn’t be much to ‘transpose’. If you haven’t moved the soundjack library you should be able to run all the commands below as my system is Ubuntu Studio, which has the same base as yours.
    If you post the output, I’ll look through it.

cd
    cd Setup/Soundjack/SoundjackLinux
    cd Downloads/SoundJackLinux/
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ubuntu-studio/Downloads/SoundjackLinux:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linuxuprising/libpng12
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install libpng12-0
    wget http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/i/icu/libicu55_55.1-7_amd64.deb
    sudo dpkg -i libicu55_55.1-7_amd64.deb
    sudo apt-get install libpcre16-3

I did not have success using @andrewswilliams1 line “as is”.

(@)

@reno-drums

ups. I forgot to change the path of one thing. Replace command 4 with

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/Setup/Soundjack/SoundjackLinux:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

(@)

@bosworthdk: A first remark: you are very patient, thank you so much!!!
    I’ve got your messages and entered all that commands with the right path (without understanding what happened in detail – sorry) and rebooted.

But one question:
    – Applying the commands gives a “>” prompt. What does it mean, what is the mode I get this prompt, how to exit this mode?

– When I run the .sh file after reboot I get the same error message as before (see below):
    – Do I have to modify the .sh file with some of these commands e.g. PATH etc.?

reno@reno-Aspire-7750G:~/Setup/Soundjack/SoundjackLinux$ ./SJC200828.sh
    ./SJC200828: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Nevertheless I connected to stage, receiving:
    – error: SCJ not running
    – no IP adress shown (port forwarding established for this PC)
    – audio input output empty and nothing to select

So, how to select audio devices on Linux? Driver administration doesn’t show anything and says: “No additional drivers needed” and “No proprietary drivers in use”.

Audio is working with audacity (record with internal microphon and playback to speaker).
    But there’s one more problem: where to adjust the recording level? Moving the slider in settings has no effect. And I found no way to adjust it as I know it from Windows

It’s all very strange for me !?!?!

(@)

These were the only two libraries I needed to install to get it running on Ubuntu 20.04

sudo apt-get install libqt5websockets5
    sudo apt-get install libqt5multimediawidgets5

Here’s an essential tip for finding the exact name of the library you’re looking to install using apt:

When you get an error message like this:

error while loading shared libraries: libQt5WebSockets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You know that you need to install this somehow, but the problem is, it’s not named exactly “libQt5WebSockets.so.5” in the repository. So,

apt-get install libQt5WebSockets.so.5

will fail.

>apt list will show you all the packages available in your current repositories. You can pipe it to grep to filter.

grep -i libQt5WebSockets. The -i is case-insensitive.

On my machine:

❯ apt list | grep -i 'libQt5WebS'

libqt5websockets5-dev/focal 5.12.8-0ubuntu1 amd64
    libqt5websockets5-dev/focal 5.12.8-0ubuntu1 i386
    libqt5websockets5/focal,now 5.12.8-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed]
    libqt5websockets5/focal 5.12.8-0ubuntu1 i386

So now I know I need to apt-get install libqt5websockets5.

Once I’ve done this, I try to run the shell script that launches soundjack. If I have more libraries to install, it’ll tell me the next one, and I have to search for it like I did above.

(@)

And What about this errore medssage<‘<
    INTERFACE CONTROL TCP-PORT IS: 50050

WAITING FOR BROWSER-CONNECTION (PLEASE ENTER STAGE ON WEBSITE) …

CONNECTION TO BROWSER ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY
    APART FROM MAJOR ERRORS NO FURTHER INFO IN THIS WINDOW
    ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:641:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
    ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1089:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2642:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2642:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2642:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
    Cannot connect to server socket err = File o directory non esistente
    Cannot connect to server request channel
    jack server is not running or cannot be started
    JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr – Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
    JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr – Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
    ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:377:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Unknown field port
    ALSA lib pcm_oss.c:377:(_snd_pcm_oss_open) Unknown field port
    ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:486:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
    ALSA lib pcm_usb_stream.c:486:(_snd_pcm_usb_stream_open) Invalid type for card
    ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1089:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
    Expression ‘parameters->channelCount <= maxChans’ failed in ‘src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c’, line: 1513
    Expression ‘ValidateParameters( outputParameters, hostApi, StreamDirection_Out )’ failed in ‘src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c’, line: 2820

Anonymous
    (@)

I just found this software, but it appears to be pretty borked when it comes to a current Linux. So many dependencies on old versions of libraries…

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.