Is SoundJack open-source?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I know there’s a Linux version available for download, but it’s only for Intel/AMD architectures, at least as far as I can tell.

Someone is selling a special sound box that is basically a Raspberry Pi 4 running Linux with SoundJack software. More power to them! Whoever that person is, they’re doing us all a great service, but they’re charging a pretty penny for it (about $300 for the box, or $70-80 for the software if you build your own), and if I could do it myself, I would.

The RPi4 is ARM architecture (like our smartphones), and not Intel/AMD architecture (like our laptop and desktop computers), which would require recompiling the code for ARM.

Is the source code for SoundJack available for download somewhere, or upon request?

(@)

Just follow the link above (donation/fmb) and you will be forwarded to the page where we’re distributing the FMBs including other options of building the device yourself. The SJC code itself is closed source.

(@)

Thank you! I didn’t realize that you were directly involved with the Fast Music Box. I’ll definitely be looking into it.

(@)

Hi Nicholas, I’d add to Alex’s comment that the Linux build Christian licenses isn’t just compiled for the Pi. It comes with a a bunch of utilities that make the cost worth it to me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.