Is SoundJack for Windows 64-Bit only?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is SoundJack for Windows only running on 64-Bit versions?

I tried it on a 32-Bit Windows 7 and got a “not compaible with this version of Windows”-Message.
    If this is the case it should be mentioned (at least) on the download page, that a 64-Bit Windows-OS is needed for the Windows version.

(I understand that the RAM limitation of 32-Bit Windows can be a major factor, but it should be mentioned in some way.)

(@)

Seems to be the case.
    I just tried Windows 10 32-Bit and it complained as well that the program does not fit to the OS.

So please, Alex, put a “(64-Bit only)” behind the word Windows in the download link.

(@)

Will do – thanks !

(@)

hi there, is 32-bit version exist??

(@)

A 32-bit version does not exist as far as I know.

It might be useful for older interfaces with 32-bit-drivers only, but these interfaces might be too slow for soundjack anyway.
    On Macs the 32-bit-only machines won’t be able to run the MacOS X needed for soundjack, so this is not an issue there.
    On Windows, the machines that cannot run a 64-bit-version might be too slow anyway (no multiple processors).
    It is an issue on my Mac that runs a 32-bit version of Windows 10 in BOOTCAMP because of some other driver that I need there which is not available in 64-bit. But this is a rather special case. And soundjack runs better under MacOS X anyway. So not a real issue for me.

But best contact Alex directly if he could make a 32-bit Windows version available or not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.