Invalid Audio Setup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am a new user to SoundJack. I’m using Windows 10 Pro, latest updates.

I must be missing something fundamental when setting up Soundjack, because no matter which audio source I choose (on two different computers), I always get the message “Invalid Audio Setup”. This includes the audio coming from my USB Mixer (which works perfectly well as an audio source to Audacity), or even the microphone attached to my webcam. They both show up on the list of input devices, but my VU Meter only shows red. I get the same results

I’ve looked at the troubleshooting documentation here, and nothing seems to apply. Any help would be appreciated.

Ian Schwartz
    Ottawa, Canada

(@)

Do you have a valid ASIO driver ? If not it is likely that SJ does not like the non-ASIO drivers which are not recommended anyways.

(@)

If an ASIO driver for your device does not exist, the only way you might (!) get it running is with ASIO4ALL. A college uses it with a Behringer XENYX mixer.
    A documentation for Version 2 of ASIO4ALL exists, but you might need to search the web for some time to find a copy. For some reason it’s not on the ASIO4ALL-website.

(@)

I am having this EXACT same issue. I have connected successfully 4x to SoundJack in prior days with no issues. Logged in today and now am experiencing this same issue where the mic is detected but the VU meter only shows red and I see “Invalid Audio Setup.” I am on Mac OS 10.15.7, attempting to connect with a Yeti USB.

(@)

A Mac can use different input and output interfaces, with Windows you need to use the same interface for input and output.
    For the input you need to select an (input) device from the pull-down menu. for output an output device. If you do mix them up you get a red VU-meter. Try to exchange them (select the other one in both) if the device is twice in the list (on one setting use the first one on the other the second one). If there is only one in the list, select it on both unless you can see that one is an input and the other an output device.
    On Windows the input and output device must be the same ASIO device. Otherwise it won’t work. For internal sound on Windows ASIO4ALL needs to be installed first. Don’t forget to reload the stage to get the new device into the list.

@Kathryn: You need to select the YETI (might have a generic name) at the input and loudspeakers/headphones as the output device.
    For a Mac there is also a log file in the same place as the SJC. You might want to have a look at that text file.

@Ian: Did you install ASIO4ALL and select the mixer there? You the need to select ASIO4ALL as input and output device and use the headphones from the mixer. Also look out for the correct mixer setting to get sound output from USB!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.