FYI For Debian Linux Install

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have managed to connect, and play/converse Oakland,CA to Upstate New York. Some initial struggles but minimal resolved as follows:

Equipment/Software:
    Core i5 Tower
    Debian Buster
    Pulseaudio (default sound service for Debian)
    QJackCtl from Debian repositories (includes jackd)
    Comcast Broadband Business (fixed ip)
    NAT w/ 50050 open to Soundjack machine
    Sure & EV Dynamic Mics -> Behringer 1402fx Mixer->Focusrite 2i2
    SJC201112(.sh)
    libqt5multimedia5 libqt5multimediawidgets5 libqt5websockets5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev dependecies installed
    Brave Browser

Once the dependencies were installed, SJC20112.sh came up w/o errors.

Some puzzles, fairly quickly resolved, given here in hopes of saving other linux folks time/heartburn:
    I found I needed to start jackd with QJackCtl before SJC20112.
    On the Web GUI, in Studio, the Scarlett USB device did not show in the IN and OUT pulldowns. It proved accessible by selecting ‘system’ in both pulldowns. This corresponds to the display in QJackctl’s graphic display.

I hope this saves some folks time with their initial setup/exploration …. good luck and happy jamming.

=tew=

P.S. The Scarlett does show up and is selected in QJackctl’s configuration:
    Driver: ALSA
    Interface: hwUSB
    Sample Rate: 48000
    Frames/Period: 64
    Periods/Buffer: 2

I have not yet tried changing the frame rate of #buffers through the web GUI… so I don’t know who will win that one, QJackctl or the GUI. Since initial connections have worked will with reasonable latencies and connection quality, I’ve left things alone to date.

Many thanks to the developers for all the efforts to date!

(@)

Thanks for this info ! To me it’s strange because th Scarlett typically shows up just fine. Anyways – lots of systems and configs we cannot support all by ourselkves so we really need posts like yours – thanks again !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.