Feedback issue?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    (@)

Hi!

I have been trying to get SJ to work, and have gotten as far as a clear 2-way voice connection, but my sound is overlayed (underlayed?) by a loud, steady C-natural an octave above middle C. I can reduce the input gain either on Stage or on my Focusrite hub to a point where I can barely hear the sound but can still hear my own input – very faintly. Unfortunately my partner on SJ still heard the tone loud and clear. The sense of people I talked to is that it’s some sort of feedback. My setup consists of ma MacBook Pro, about 5 years old, running OSX Catalina 10.15.7 It has only two USB-A ports, and one is being used for the ethernet input and the other for an expansion hub (to accommodate USB-A inputs from the digital microphone (CAD Audio U37) and the audio output from my earphones (Sennheiser) via a Focusrite Scarlett 212 3rd generation. I’m getting sound from the pin jack into the Focusrite, which is connected to the single remaining USBA port on the computer via a USB-C to A cable. I have the controls on the SJ Stage set accordingly, using the various settings that my friend, colleague and fellow SK user has employed successfully with the same hardware excluding the Focusrite. I tried cutting the Focusrite out of the loop by using the pin jack on the computer to connect my earphones, and changing the SJ Stage and Mac sound settings accordingly. Result: no sound.

When the connection through Focusrite is used, there I also a low-frequency slightly rough hum in the sound.

I can use the microphone successfully to record using Quicktime (and got no feedback tone).

As you probably surmised from the forgoing, I have no idea what I’m doing or why. My goal is to play chamber music using this platform. Hoping you can help me,

Thank you so much

Tim Carter

Anonymous
    (@)

I may have solved the problem: 2 separate audio connections the MAC at the same time: CAD input directly to MAC USB, earphones though audio interface. I will connect both through the interface. (Thought I was).My CAD digital mic had a USB connector. I’ll just get an analog mic with an XLR connector for the Scarlett.

(@)

Affordable and high-quality cheap essay writing can go hand in hand. EssayMasters.ae proves this with their budget-friendly yet top-notch services. Check them out!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.