Does Soundjack run on Apple Silicon?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    (@)

Hello I’m just curious if Soundjack will run on Apple’s latest M1 chip and macOS 11 (Big Sur). Thank you!

(@)

We have not tried it yet but of course we will release an M1 version in case the current does not work.

(@)

Doesn’t look like it works on Big Sur (11.x) with my Intel Macbook Air, but I’m a first time user so I’m not sure what is supposed to happen after you open the app.

I have MacOS 11.1 (beta)… although 11.0 has been released to the public. Click on the app, you can see it in the menubar, but there are no windows and no menu items that would open windows or do anything.

(@)

There are no windows or a seperate menu bar on MacOS (X).
    The only thing you can see is the xlr-connector-icon on the right side of the menu bar.
    After you have started the soundjack controller you need to enter the website and there the stage (after login).
    Then you can set the parameters from there.

(@)

Actually, I have confirmed that on MY Intel MacBook pro running BIG SUR, sound jack is indeed working.
    HTH,
    ~JB

(@)

Hi,
    I can log on but the stage page is completely blank. I have big sur.
    Any thoughts?
    SH

(@)

Hi Stacie,

did you download and start SJC?

The firewall needs to be opened for SoundJack in case you have an activated firewall under Settings -> Security (or something similar) and the firewall tab. You can temporarily open the firewall completely to check if this is the problem. If it works then, activate the firewall again and make an exception for the SJC to allow access to network ports.
    You might even need to allow network connection every time the SJC is started and first accessed by the SoundJack website. At least on my MacOS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
    Disabling the firewall completely is not a good idea for a longer time, even though you might get rid of that dialog window that way.

If this solved your problem please report, so others can learn from it. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.